domingo, maio 07, 2006

Darfur, Hope?

See just this Post & Comments / 0 Comments so far / Post a Comment /   Home
Next, Back, Thread Ahead: Kalma, Darfur, Thread Back: Darfur ....

Here is something from Claire Soares in the Christian Science Monitor: Next steps to peace in Darfur.

She takes some (to me) remarkable photographs. I apologize for posting so many, I know it makes my blog virtually un-readable, so it goes. You can review a selection of recent shots at Yahoo, News Photos, the problem is that they stay a while on Yahoo and then disappear. The first thing I saw by her was a wonderful and mysterious smile on a woman's face as she sold soap in a N'Djamena market. Then I saw another, also of a woman, and I began to think that maybe it was just some feminist thing - it could be, but I no longer think so. In many of these pictures the subject is looking straight at her and her camera with disconcerting directness. Maybe they are not so remarkable - I find it so:
Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para Aumentar

Tags: , , , , .