terça-feira, julho 31, 2007

couple it with something ...

See just this Post & Comments / 0 Comments so far / Post a Comment /   Home
Up, Down.

TYBALT
     Follow me close, for I will speak to them.
     Gentlemen, good-den: a word with one of you.
MERCUTIO
     And but one word with one of us?
     Couple it with something; make it a word and a blow.


     Romeo & Juliet, Act III Scene I, William Shakespeare, 1594.

[what follows is completely unrelated, on re-reading I see that it might look like some kind of incitement which it is certainly not - a minute of silence on August 17 at 1 PM will be enough. Strange though ... ]



(I am tired of paying so many taxes for nothing.)

Cansei.com.br, OAB-SP, Ordem dos Advogados do Brasil.

A-and a few more bits of Romeo and Juliet:

SAMPSON
     Nay, as they dare. I will bite my thumb at them;
     Which is disgrace to them if they bear it.
ABRAHAM
     Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
SAMPSON
     I do bite my thumb, sir.
ABRAHAM
     Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
SAMPSON
     Is the law of our side if I say ay?
GREGORY
     No.
SAMPSON
     No sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir;
     But I bite my thumb, sir.


     Act I Scene I.

NURSE
     ... I am none of his flirt-gills;
     I am none of his skains-mates.


     Act II Scene IV.

Romeo & Juliet - closer to the original language.
Glossary of Shakespeare's words, (looking for 'skains-mates' & 'flirt-gills').

Down.