sábado, julho 28, 2007

Jeremiah

See just this Post & Comments / 0 Comments so far / Post a Comment /   Home
Up, Down.

Is there no balm in Gilead?
Is there no physician there?


I watched a few minutes of the YouTube debates; Hillary Rodham Clinton reminds me more of Peanuts' Lucy & Barack Obama looks & sounds like Erkel from Family Matters - sparring for what? from where?; nonsense & silliness ...

"These are trivial moments but they are telling. They are signals of politics in flight from itself, taking on any guise other than that of the seriousness of a real public calling and real, unadorned, public service."

     Rex Murphy, 27/07/07, Gimmicks won't fix politics, Source.

"Tem que ser analisado como um exame de patologia clínica. Estamos sendo infectados por uma doença histórica. Chama-se “síndrome da incompetência generalizada”. Ou então, “falência múltipla dos órgãos públicos”."

     Arnaldo Jabor, A síndrome da incompetência generalizada, Source.

Jeremiah, Michelangelo, Cappella Sistina, VaticanJeremiah, Michelangelo, Cappella Sistina, VaticanJeremiah, Michelangelo, Cappella Sistina, Vatican
     From: Jeremiah, Michelangelo, Cappella Sistina, Vatican.

"And I brought you into a plentiful country, to eat the fruit thereof and the goodness thereof; but when ye entered, ye defiled my land, and made mine heritage an abomination."

"Eu vos introduzi numa terra fértil, para que comêsseis o seu fruto e o seu bem; mas, depois de terdes entrado nela, vós a contaminastes e da minha herança fizestes abominação."


     Jeremiah Chapter 2, Jeremias Capítulo 2.

jeremiad, noun: a prolonged lamentation or mournful complaint.
jeremiada, substantivo feminino: lamentação insistente, importuna, vã; lamúria (vão,vã - vain; lamúria - lamentation).

A-and on a lighter note: 27/07/07, Rebecca Dube, Vancouver's garbage strike has a green lining, Source.
Composting Council of Canada / Conseil canadien du compostage.

Jeremiah, Chapter 8:
When I would comfort myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me. Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: Is not the Lord in Zion? is not her king in her? Why have they provoked me to anger with their graven images, and with strange vanities? The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved. For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me. Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?


There is no physician coming, seems to me, or he has come and gone without giving a rememdy, in disgust maybe. The cowboy in the white hat on the white horse is not coming either, sez I. This is up to you and I, individually; like the woman in Vancouver said (impeccably), "You can basically become virtually independent. ... We ought to be looking at ourselves in the mirror."

Some grammatical redundancy there but ... sure enough ...

Mafalda

Down.