segunda-feira, agosto 07, 2006

So long, and thanks for all the fish

See just this Post & Comments / 1 Comments so far / Post a Comment /   Home
Next, Back.

University education? Entitlement? Relevancy? Check this out: 07/08/06, Grant Robertson, The $2-million comma, (Archive).

Actually, I was wondering if a semicolon might not have done the trick; or even a period and make a separate sentence out of it? As a subscriber to Aliant I know they are scumbags, their reaction to this perceived loophole is proof of that if any were needed. Corporate culture in Newfoundland is no better than in Houston, the same. Oh well.

L ron N ron every kind of ron con
Neocon old con got to put the brakes on
Slow down fast
Better slow down fast
(Bruce Cockburn)

These photographs were taken in Australia by someone named Russell Boyce. I know it was dolphins in Adam's book (which is available on-line at So long, and thanks for all the fish, and just in case they take that down for some reason, I made a copy in the Archive); but when I saw that massive tail raising such a glorious splash! Well ...
Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para Aumentar
That's what I thought of, Dolphins exit stage UP, Deux ex machina; that and an old tune by the Stones:


Well I told you once and I told you twice
But you never listen to my advice
Don't try very hard to please me
With what you know it should be easy

This could be the last time, this could be the last time
May be the last time I dont know, oh no, oh no

Well, I'm sorry girl but I can't stay
Feelin' like I do today
It's too much pain and too much sorrow
Guess I'll feel the same tomorrow

Well I told you once and I told you twice
That someone will have to pay the price
But here's a chance to change your mind
cuz I'll be gone a long, long time

This could be the last time, this could be the last time
May be the last time I dont know, oh no, oh no


Click to Enlarge / Click para Aumentar(Here's lookin at you babe.)

I have been reading D.H. Lawrence's 'Reflections on the death of a Porcupine' and 'Selected Critical Writings'. It has been a real eye-opener. He is at times a very Goat or Porcupine, a Swan (or a Cob that is) with a spiral cock, even a barnacle-covered Whale! I will shortly go back and re-read 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' with a new perspective I think. How could I have taken an advanced course once upon a time and know so little about the man eh?

I do wish these kinds of things were available on-line. I am tempted to type in 'Climbing Down Pisgah', but it is really not quite worth the effort.

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para Aumentar

Leda
Click to Enlarge / Click para Aumentar
Come not with kisses
not with caresses
of hands and lips and murmurings;
come with a hiss of wings
and sea-touch tip of a beak
and treading of wet, webbed, wave-working feet
into the marsh-soft belly.


And today in the mail arrived Amos Oz's 'How to cure a fanatic', which turns out to be a tiny little hardcover book, like one of those silly editions of vege-pap homilies, Kahil Gibran and such like - but the three pieces included here: 'Between Right and Right', 'How to Cure a Fanatic', and 'The order of the Teaspoon: An Interview with Amos Oz'; ... well, let me say this, Oz's fiction left me cold but this has turned me on - when I have had time to digest it a bit I will maybe add some more.

On the subject of the Israel/Lebanon war, there is an editorial in the Globe today (suggested I suspect by a short letter they received from Esther Lefler: "If Hezbollah laid down its arms, there would be no war. If Israel laid down its arms, there would be no Israel."); anyway, here it is: Two crucial questions on Israel v. its enemies, (Archive).

A-and so, (as the Eskimo said to the Scotsman) ...

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Posted agosto 08, 2006 8:30 PM by Blogger M1 /  

eclectic, baby. maybe even to my liking, this bloggityness of yours.
so far ol' m1 has but breezed by and i shall be back for more