sábado, junho 10, 2006

Newfoundland

See just this Post & Comments / 0 Comments so far / Post a Comment /   Home
Next, Back, Thread Ahead: The most brutal of days, Thread Back: As I Roved Out.

Sunday June 25 2006

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarIt's back, took this from beside The Rooms (Les Rheumes), showing a bit of the Kirk tower.

Saturday June 10 2006

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarI am sure I saw one of these up on the Southside Hills earlier in the spring. Things are moving that slow ... it was only today I remembered to take my camera to get a shot of it. I can't tell if it has been taken down, blew away, or is just hidden in the fog, foggy today - I will check again later.

Keith Ecclestone once said to me, "the space in Newfoundland is still open, still uncumbered with the mainland disease." That was back in 1966 or so. He was referring to architectural space. It has been occupied since and the occupation call it 'Killick Claw'. Oh well. You do see the odd one of these quasi-IRA flags about. There is also a T-shirt with the flag as a logo, "Free Newfoundland", and a red star. The weekly paper, The Independent, uses the flag on its' mast-head.

I don't like the association with the IRA or I would fly one myself.

If it had still been there, and if I had managed to get a picture of it; I was going to put it beside some pictures of The Rooms (the 'rheumes' as Inspector Clouseau would say) - a litle montage for you. Two solitudes facing each other across the harbour.

Tags: , , .