quinta-feira, setembro 28, 2006

On the Avenue

See just this Post & Comments / 0 Comments so far / Post a Comment /   Home
Next, Back, Thread Ahead: On the Avenue - too, Thread Back: What to do?.

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para Aumentar
Sunday - Went to the Metcalfe Fair and watched the heavy horse pull. 10,400 pounds on that sled. I think the initials G.G. are Greg Greeley, not sure.

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarFriday - Sign in a convenience store - the legal age is 19, but that is only if you have ID, otherwise it is 30 - only in Ottawa you say?

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarThursday - There is a big hill on Cape Breton, and at the top of it there used to be a garish sign in purple and gold that said, "PREPARE THYSELF TO MEET THY GOD". It was quite a shock the first time I saw it. It is gone now, doesn't fit with tourist correctitude no doubt. I found the modest and polite sign and took a picture just to remind myself. A-and the red leaves on the trees are NOT the Burning Bush either.

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarIf you look closely you can see the sun dogs. Taken in Edmundston New Brunswick, they were really spectacular, but by the time I found some high ground they were fading.

A stronger message of hope for me than a rainbow. Rainbows sorta got co-opted by the fringes, so I watch for sun dogs.

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarWednesday - Crossed on the Caribou. Lifeboat would'a done for me. Tried to take a picture of the sunrise; camera flaked. Tried to take a picture of Orion; camera flaked. Need one a those SLR binary gizmos I guess, oh well.

First time I remember seeing Orion since one night on the patio in Ipanema I saw it - yeah! in the South!

Entirely gratuitous boobage:
Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para Aumentar

Tags: , , , , , , , , .