quarta-feira, agosto 23, 2006

Whirrled Ends

See just this Post & Comments / 1 Comments so far / Post a Comment /   Home
Next, Back, Thread Ahead: Mistaken Moral Muddlers, Thread Back: Make.

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para Aumentar


This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.


     (T.S. Eliot, The Hollow Men)

Click to Enlarge / Click para Aumentar


"I, like, cry, when I listen to it, it's so good."


     (Paris Hilton)


Click to Enlarge / Click para Aumentar"I remember seeing her on the Grammys; I think I was on the show with her, I didn't meet her or anything but I said to myself, 'There's nothing about that girl I don't like.'" (Bob Dylan about Alicia Keys)

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para AumentarClick to Enlarge / Click para Aumentar

Tags: , , , .
Posted agosto 25, 2006 12:25 AM by Blogger Sun Wu Kung /  

This from a Dylan interview circa 2003.

Dylan: "I know there are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviours of rock'n'roll and all that, but they are amateurs, They don't know where the music comes from... I was
lucky. I came up in a different era. There were these great blues
and country folk artists around, and the impulse to play 'those
sounds' came to me at a very early age. I wouldn't even think
about playing music if I was born in these times..."

Q: What do you think would have interested you today if music
weren't an option?

A: I'd probably turn to something like mathematics. That would
interest me. Architecture would interest me. Something like that.