terça-feira, julho 18, 2006

Make

See just this Post & Comments / 1 Comments so far / Post a Comment /   Home
Next, Back, Thread Ahead: Whirrled Ends, Thread Back: Liverworts, Lichens, and the United Church.

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarDaniel Lanois - The Maker

Oh, oh deep water
Black and cold like the night
I stand with arms wide open
I've run a twisted line
I'm a stranger in the eyes of the Maker

I could not see for the fog in my eyes
I could not feel for the fear in my life
And from across the great divide
In the distance I saw a light
Jean Baptiste's walking to me with the Maker

Click to Enlarge / Click para AumentarMy body is bent and broken
By long and dangerous sleep
I can't work the fields of Abraham
And turn my head away
I'm not a stranger in the hands of the Maker

Brother John, have you seen the homeless daughters
Standing there with broken wings
I have seen the flaming swords
There over east of Eden
Burning in the eyes of the Maker

Lanois produced Dylan's album Oh Mercy. That was where I first heard of him.

Strange word 'make'. Rhymes with wake, one short syllable, say it aloud and it feels to me like a prana-yoga exercise. 'Make ready', 'make it right', 'make do', 'make it', 'make love' ...

Tags: , .
Posted julho 19, 2006 8:04 AM by Blogger Larissa Marques - LM@rq /  

Daniel, obrigada pela força! Conheço a música e amo Depache. E as pedras e quedas fazem parte da caminhada. Eu que me levante logo, antes que me atropelem!